Job description – Business Development and Event Management Support at NLBC
The Netherlands Business Council France, a young and dynamic NGO, closely associated with the Dutch Embassy in Paris and the Ministry of Economic Affairs in The Hague, the Netherlands, is offering a 4 to 6-month internship for a Master 1 or 2 Business School student.
Starting date: to be discussed, preference for August 16th, 2021
Language requirements: trilingual (Dutch, French and English, in oral and written communication)
Work location: to be discussed, a virtual workplace is an option
Renumeration: in line with Business School guidelines
NLBC is a young and dynamic NGO, with as purpose to lower the barriers for Dutch companies to become successful in France and to facilitate the start of their activities in France by providing practical guidance and a connection to a network of professionals in France. Since our start early 2021 we have been able to establish close relationships with large Dutch multinationals in France (Shell, INGDirect, Euronext, Air-France KLM, AKZO-Nobel), a wide range of Dutch companies seeking active support to launch their business in France and a network of potential service providers based in France.
We approach potential interested organisations in the Netherlands like small and medium sized companies and help them getting started in France. We are growing quickly and we offer an interesting possibility for a Business School student to participate in this “start-up”.
Your main areas of activities are:
- Supporting the approach of companies and branch organisations in the Netherlands, establish and maintain contacts and maintain communication channels;
- Maintain, entertain and extend the existing network of French and Netherlands based companies and France based service providers ;
- Maintain and optimize the tools that support our daily activities like Salesforce and Google Suite of applications;
- Provide support to the Business Director in the area of Marketing; monthly newsletter, blog posts, interviews etc.
- Provide support to the Business Director in the area of Sales; identifying companies and streamlining sales administration activities;
- Plan and execute market research activities for specific areas like agriculture, distribution, high-tech, tourism and hospitality, aeronautics, automobile, green energy, electric mobility;
- Co-develop events for publications, webinars and other (digital) events to increase our profile and reputation in the Netherlands and in France;
- Acquire, organise and make accessible knowledge of the French market characteristics enabling and identifying opportunities for Dutch companies. Examples are tendering procedures, environmental requirements, digital work practices in France, access to and working practices of governmental organisations, etc
- Propose and develop the use of social network tools to open the French market to Dutch companies
You are expected to speak and write the languages we do business in: Dutch, French and English. You should be at ease with the software suites like Microsoft and Google.
Interested? Please contact our Business Director Anouk Zoet +33 (0)6 27 54 66 79 / firstname.lastname@example.org